french fry festival west reading 2022

After that, we were a little more selective. You have permission to edit this article. It was a little overwhelming for my tastes, but definitely a burger I was glad to try. Every week, two topped & It was a good second act, but didnt quite match up to the chorizo burger. The restaurant at 616 Penn Ave. was one of dozens serving fries topped with cheese, ground beef, bacon and other toppings, along with other food and drinks. St. Pete, FL 33701. 13 St. Petes 3 Daughters Brewing hosts its fifth annual french fry festival on Friday, 14 National French Fry Day Florenceville-Bristol, 15 RV Rentals at FRIED French Fry & Music Festival, The list of 20+ is for honor free on steam, The list of 9 the best rice pudding recipe. Visit Growing Roots Partners for more information, to place a pre-order, or to subscribe to the weekly newsletter for market features & more! the time to join! Proudly proclaiming that its burgers are the most heavenly at the event, Salem E.C. guide on how to run your National Smaller sample sizes will be available for . His plate was surf and turf with a Polynesian spin. Check out our photo gallery to see some of the highlights of this years competition: This Friday and Saturday, downtown Reading hosts the fourth annual Reading Fire + Ice Festival. It came down to two choices: a gyro burger from Scotts Gyro Box or a shepherds pie burger from the Hamburg Diner. All rights reserved. chances to win! Heres our guide to all things edible at the Reading Fire + Ice Festival: On Saturday morning from 8 to 11 a.m., the Genesius Theatre is hosting a pancake breakfast at the Outside-In (6th and Penn Streets). Their chef prepared steak and salad with a chocolate sauce atop the steak and dark chocolate morsels in the salad. Chef Tim was second to present, and he actually handed the judges copies of his pre-printed menu so there was no doubt what we were eating. The fries were crispy and objectively delicious, topped with cheese, bacon, duck fat, cheese curds, gravy, Korean pulled pork and kimchi and more. Weve never had a chance to try anything from the Bountiful Feast food truck, but the menu sounds fantastic. The homemade bruschetta, for starters. We kept coming back to places we have visited in the past Hamburgs own 1787 Brewing Company (which we reviewed earlier this year), Brocmar Smokehouse (another favorite of ours), Spuds (one of our early reviews) and Dawns Deli. That included kombucha (its an acquired taste that I still havent acquired), some great juice and a chocolate-coconut morsel that was excellent. On May 15 food trucks will be lined up serving up specialty French Fries as well as offering their normal . prize of $2,000 just for signing up and All information on this site is copyrighted by BridgeTower Media. Although she had almost polished off her first order of fries, Rohm said she would likely try a few more before the end of the event, which ran from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m. We had a great time tasting some of the best French fries in Berks County, but it wasnt easy. And of course, theres the Peanut Bar, a true area landmark. Penn Avenue restaurants featuring pretzel-inspired dishes round out the day! The 2022 Fashion Show featured a LIVE runway with our favorite independent boutiques. In addition to bagels, the New York Bagelry brought their famous crumb cake. West reading french fry fest, by west Reading Tavern Thanks to the support of our community + West Reading merchants, we were able to raise over $2,500 in 2022 for the West Reading Community Revitalization Foundation, a 501(c)3 that supports the West Reading Community. The DoubleTree with a little showmanship at the Reading Fire + Ice Festival chili cook-off, A post shared by Berks County Eats (@berkscountyeats) on Jan 14, 2017 at 9:51am PST. Were already looking forward to it. here in Berks County throughout the year. Now, I love Backwoods Brothers (you can read about our visit to the restaurant here), but the sample cup they gave us had a half-bite of smoked sausage. This years Peoples Choice competition may have been my favorite to date. Summary:FRIED, A French Fry And Music Festival Hosted By FRIED Festival. They also had two salsas, a spicy red and a Attendees can ride bikes to the festival and valet their wheels with Phoenix Spokes People. This year there was a $3 cover charge to enter the event. Rohm, who came to the event with her grandmother, said she has been to many other festivals in West Reading, but this was her first time at the French Fry Fest. Instead we did a double order of cochinita But add the pesto and mozzarella, and it turned into a hamburger masterpiece. The annual French Fry Festival is back on Friday, July 15 from 6-10 pm at 3 Daughters Brewing . Events are held rain or shine! I always enjoy a cup of chocolate milk from them, but this year they brought drinkable yogurt from Kreider Farms. I have never had the opportunity to visit Jakes Place nor had I encountered them at other festivals before. The West Reading French Fry Fest is an outdoor event showcasing each participating restaurant or vendor's take on everyone's favorite food: French fries! These have become favorites of us, and our first taste of them came just a few years ago at the West Reading Farmers Market. how to run your own National I am not nearly the fan of lettuce and bacon dressing that picked at random towin Instead, we trekked back down the hill to Video Burger, a mobile food truck specializing in the outrageous. Each restaurant sold its own take on specialty gourmet fries during the six-hour event. And with the sweet and savory mix of the pulled pork, it just worked. look it up. After hearing about it every year, Julie decided that this was the year to try it. Joining is as easy as 1, 2, 3 and its loaded with value. The annual event, organized by West Reading Tavern co-owner Mark Woodward, will stretch down Sixth Avenue from Penn Avenue to Franklin Street in West Reading, offering different twists on. You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Its like three milkshakes in one the best We will be open with our full Lunch menu PLUS a special menu featuring fries and local craft beers. Between the chili and the flapjack, I thought it was the most creative use of the four key ingredients. Similar to the gyro burger, it was served on a pita and featured feta cheese, tzatziki sauce and lettuce (the Mediterranean) with the addition of pineapple (the tropical). The 8th Annual Art exhibition and competition continues in 2023. also get immediate access The meat was tender However, the free fries can only be ordered through the McDonald's app, and customers must be members of the chain's loyalty program. Scotts Gyro Box evolved from Scotts Hot Spot, the longtime gyro stand at the Fairgrounds Farmers Market. 2018 Taste of Hamburg-er Festival Contest Winners, Appearance: SpudsTaste: SpudsOriginality: Spuds, Appearance: Boy Scout Troop #184Taste: Leesport Lodge #141 I.O.O.FOriginality: Salem Church, Appearance: Blazing Swine BBQTaste: Blazing Swine BBQOriginality: Wow Foods, LLC, 1st Place: Deitsch Eck Restaurant2nd Place: Dawns Deli3rd Place: Christ Evangelical Free Church4th Place: Salem Church. West Reading is a vibrant regional shopping destination and hub known for specialty shops. It was rich, sweet and creamy, everything that you could hope for from a smoothie. The pork was excellent, especially with the sweetness from the sweet, coconut-infused curry sauce. A $500 donation to the Wilson Education Foundation later, and I was on stage sharing a table with Brad Weisman, former host of Best Bites on BCTV and current co-host of Heres Whats Happening, a Facebook Live show from The Peoples Chronicles. It was the restaurants chocolate lasagna (a three-layer chocolate cake) and a taste of cannoli. Chalk Menu Board (a $65 I went into the auditorium for the Iron Chef competition expecting to sit in the audience and enjoy the show, but when it came time to bid on a judges seat during the live benefit auction, I couldnt help but throw my hat in the ring. I guess I just had my expectations too high. and chili powder but its so good. Both a Judged Winner and Peoples Choice Winner will be chosen. New Restaurants Opening Soon in Berks County, Where to Eat at the Reading Fire + Ice Festival, Backwoods Brothers Authentic Texas Cuisine, read about our visit to the restaurant here. serve dessert, but we were way too full for that by the end. The French fry festival is back! It' s located off of Penn Ave.. I had the mixed berry and once I got past the fact that it was yogurt and not milk, it was enjoyable. Visit us at giving it a little panache. WEST READING, Pa. It was a celebration of the French fry in West Reading on Saturday. 1, 2, 3 and its loaded The next stop was another restaurant that I had never visited before, the KTown Pub Taphouse & BBQ. The event pitted three of the areas top chefs against each other in a timed competition. It was cooked perfectly tender, juicy and all of the other adjectives that you use to describe well-crafted beef. Popular toppings included everything from chili to seafood. It was basically heaven on earth. It was a great way to incorporate the pineapple into the main dish without a sauce. Also part of the festivities: lawn games from AZ Board Source, bars with craft beer and wine, a local vendor marketplace, and other culinary offerings like burgers, desserts, and of course, more fried foods. And by the looks of the photos and videos that I saw, A step-by-step guide on This year, we decided it was time to go back and try two Host Bistro 614 Restaurant Bistro 614 614 Penn Ave, West Reading, PA Farm inspired continental cuisine in the heart of West Reading, PA Guests See All 39 Went 92 INTERESTED Hungry diners flocked to the first block of South Sixth Avenue to sample a variety of offerings ranging from traditional salty fries to complex concoctions with a variety of toppings. Their stuffed pretzels have also been featured on Spike TVs Frankenfood and Food Networks Carnival Eats. The marinated chicken was Julie is, but this burger was a masterpiece. Hours Open Every Day 8am-3pm Simply. Taste of Italy burger, but it is definitely on its level and probably the best Julies choice was among the most creative dishes in the entire festival the strawberry fries from Say Cheese. pineapple. Sammys is synonymous with mobile concessions in Berks County. descending to the creekside parking lot where the vendors were ready. A post shared by Adelphia Seafood (@adelphiaseafood). Not much more needs to be said hope to see. Overview. FREE Say Cheese may have had the most original creation: a sweet cocoa eggplant caponata over chocolate bread. In a mashup of cultures, the stand was offering the Greek Burger at this years Taste of Hamburg-er Festival. Tag @lambweston4chefs and use hashtag #FryTourAmerica. They did add a pot de creme, a chocolate custard with cocoa nibs that I loved. WEST READING FRENCH FRIES FESTIVAL 2022 IN WEST READING ,PA (JTP VLOG) No views Aug 14, 2022 0 Dislike Save Juan The Pilot 178 subscribers Decided to step out and check out my. For their samples, it was taken off the cob and topped with pulled pork in barbecue sauce. entered to win one The space was very tight. Applewood smoked bacon and apple barbecue sauce gave it a familiar flavor, but the sliced apples added enough sweet to the sweet-and-savory combination to make this a real standout burger. FRIED Festival Date & Time: Saturday, April 9, 2022, 11am-7pm, Location: Margaret T. Hance Park, 1202 N. 3rd St., Phoenix, AZ 85004, Tickets: $12 entry online purchase only at www.friedfestival.com, Instagram: @friedfest / Facebook: @friedfest. While they have some savory options, Helmuts sweet strudels apple, cherry, almond-apricot are the ones we want to try. It just didnt do it for me as I thought it was rather plain, unlike the grilled pineapple and sweet chili lime compote. This Live Music returns in May 2023 from 6 8pm! These were fresh-cut style fries topped with provel cheese sauce, basil crystals and fresh strawberries, all finished with a balsamic drizzle. Ask guests love fries. On Saturday, April 9, 2022, the world's favorite side dish takes center stage once again at the 2nd Annual FRIED, French Fry & Music Festival, at Margaret T. Hance Park in Downtown Phoenix. Anytime she sees it, she has to have a smoothie. And the crowds were back in full force on Sixth Avenue, which was closed off to accommodate the 12 vendors Chorizo itself has so much flavor that it made a perfect burger base. Homemade Ice Cream also brought their food truck in from Shoemakersville to I went with the standard while Julie WhatsApp. inspiration and exploding with chances to win! "We're also seeing more frequent visits from loyalty customers, many of whom were very loyal to begin with," said McDonald's CFO Kevin Ozan in a recent earnings call. St. Petersburg. I dont mind paying because I know that in addition to the barbecue there is live entertainment throughout the day, and those bands arent showing up for free. And the chocolate bread was very good as well. This website uses cookies to improve your experience while you navigate through the website. The Perk-Up truck is Julies favorite food truck. Penn Avenue restaurants featuring pretzel-inspired dishes round out the day! Get local Breaking News alerts sent directly to your inbox. 26K views, 1.2K likes, 65 loves, 454 comments, 23 shares, Facebook Watch Videos from Citizen TV Kenya: #FridayNight This festival is produced by PHX Fest, calorie-loving creators of the Phoenix Pizza Festival. Going into the event, we combed the list of vendors looking for new burgers to try. Both were excellent, but I especially liked the bold sauce and its molasses base. All three plates were excellent, and the room was split. toppings. It gives it a sweetness but with bigger flavor and thicker texture that I love. 0. West Reading French Fry Festival Sat., Aug. 13, on the 600 Block of Penn Ave. August 8, 2016 2:28 pm. gouda on a traditional sesame seed bun). Joining is as easy as The thicker cut fries were served with choice of aioli: malt vinegar or garlic. Name a fair or festival and youve likely seen the Sammys Steaks wagon serving their signature steak sandwiches. This years competitors included defending champion Chef Mike Martino (Adelphia Seafood), past champion Chef Tim Twiford (Redners) and last years Peoples Choice winner Chef Mitchell Kriebel (Gourmand). Our Sunday Market features the very best in locally grown produce, sustainably raised meats and eggs, artisan baked goods, value added products made with locally sourced ingredients. On stage, the music line-up included local indie-rock bands like Fairy Bones, Weird Radicals, and decker. 5th Annual French Fry Festival returns to St. Pete this July 08/07/22 "Get your ketchup ready. The biggest difference was made by the pineapple which added a bright, sweet flavor that worked surprisingly well with the more traditional ingredients. giveaways and be entered to win one Just two months ago, Julie and I got to taste their hearty French fry creations at The Truck Stops Here food truck festival at the Boyertown Museum of Historic Vehicles. (Note: bribing people with desserts is perfectly acceptable behavior). Chef Mike Martino, representing Adelphia Seafood, earned the victory over Chef Ben Hinkle of Ganlys Irish Pub & Restaurant and Chef Martha Cavarretta of Giannottis Berkshire. If there were an award for the most beautiful display, it would go to Catering by John Lowe. We may not be selling French Fries, but we got a HOT DEAL ! Every week, two topped & loaded Sometimes, you just want dessert first. $2,000 and other prizes. Twitter. 10 Grand It was a perfect execution of a sweet and savory dish. Julies final taco of the day was a chorizo taco. A peaches and cream smoothie was her choice on the day. Join us for Fry Tour America, and help I didnt know exactly what I was getting myself into, but I knew enough that Julie and I needed to get there early to avoid the crowds.