image in gmail signature question mark

SVG support in E-Mail Clients. Apr 29, 2015 10:58 AM in response to Phil Wade. Step 7. Hope this helps. We hope that this annoying issue gets fixed as soon as possible. If youre using older versions of Microsoft Outlook (2016 and earlier), the image should be 96 DPI. rev2023.3.3.43278. (Source). For example, if you send from Outlook for Mac to Outlook 2016 in Windows, the problem likely wont appear. Can I set subject/content of email using mailto:? To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Arkham Legacy The Next Batman Video Game Is this a Rumor? It sounds like upgrading (if that's an option) may be the easiest solution. Select the one that you want to use. I know that several of the newsletters I have filed were displaying correctly last week but now have the main picture showing as a question mark as below. From the menu in the signature editor, select Insert Image. Compose the text portion of your signature, then click the Insert Image button to add the logo. It's definitely something within the user account and MailChimp as I set up their email in a temporary user account and everything displayed correctly. I have just seen some email from exchange that has a base64 image representation of the logo and uses a tag to do the displaying. How to highlight: Position the text cursor right behind the picture, then press the leftwards arrow key ( ) while holding the Shift key. Stack Exchange network consists of 181 Q&A communities including Stack Overflow, the largest, most trusted online community for developers to learn, share their knowledge, and build their careers. Ensure your email signature has less than 10,000 characters and youre using Google Chrome when updating the signature in Gmail. However, if you send from Office 365 to Outlook 2016, you will notice the problem come up. MacBook vegan) just to try it, does this inconvenience the caterers and staff? Add your signature name and click Create. Select the Image icon , locate your image file, and select Insert. and then copy/paste this code to the signature box by force: I found a way how to solve this. My answer below shows how to embed images using data URIs. If the DPI setting on your image is not correct, youll end up with an enlarged image when you compose a new email. You can try these workarounds and see if any of them works for you. Find a spot where you would like to insert an image to your Gmail signature. Then go to Signature section in Gmail settings. 1-800-MY-APPLE, or, Sales and ), Calculating probabilities from d6 dice pool (Degenesis rules for botches and triggers). Copy the signature. Share. To start the conversation again, simply Add your professional details. If the DPI setting on your image is not correct, youll end up with an enlarged image when you compose a new email. Clients shouldn't block this image either as it isn't remote. PNG-8 is suitable enough for small email signature graphics. Here is how the actual email signature will look like: With these settings, each email which includes the [ticket closed] keyword in the message subject will have the satisfaction survey added. rev2023.3.3.43278. If you're satisfied, click Select to insert your logo. So in other words, Gmail . This happens due to the email in question being composed, or converted to plain text / rich text format. Thanks again for getting back to me. It is used by many professionals, organizations, and individuals. Why is this the case? Reasonably priced at $9.95. Gmail Signature Image Not Showing 4>. Go to File > Options > Trust Center > Trust Center Settings > Automatic Download and then uncheckDont download pictures automatically in HTML e-mail messages or RSS items. If using older versions of Outlook (2016 and earlier), your image resolution should be set to 96 DPI. She has been writing about technology for many years and her favorite verticals include how-to guides, explainers, tips and tricks for Android, iOS/iPadOS, Windows, and web apps. Make sure your email client is set to compose new emails in HTML format and if needed, change the email formatting on each incoming email that has been formatted in plain text / rich text format. For what it's worth, I've just seen this on one of our user's machine's running 10.8.5. In order for your images to be mobile-optimized, be sure that the height and width attributes are 1/3 of the actual dimensions of the image in pixels. Basic elements for a creative email signature: How do I add a image to my signature in Gmail? Apr 29, 2015 8:46 AM in response to dianeoforegon. To change a Gmail signature, select Settings (gear icon) and choose See All Settings > General. On the next line, typetwo hyphens (--) where your signature would normally go. Learn how the long-coming and inevitable shift to electric impacts you. Eric Root, call I really can't figure out what has changed as it is has effected emails that are filed and that displayed correctly before. How can you encode a string to Base64 in JavaScript? Ensure that sans-serif is not the last font in the font-family or any other font property. To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Follow Up: struct sockaddr storage initialization by network format-string. Return to these steps to remove the image from the signature, edit the text, or turn off the signature. Additionally, many email applications will automatically detect addresses in email signatures and hyperlink them to Bing Maps, Apple Maps, or Google Maps and also convert them to blue text. In a recent acknowledgment, a product expert said that this issue is already escalated to the team at Gmail. How to Add or Remove Link From Image in Gmail Signature. The nature of simulating nature: A Q&A with IBM Quantum researcher Dr. Jamie We've added a "Necessary cookies only" option to the cookie consent popup. How can I validate an email address in JavaScript? All Rights Reserved. Signatures are automatically added to the end of Gmail messages, like a footer. Press Del or Backspace to delete the image. When adding a URL of the image, users often add incorrect links. From the Insert Image menu, select the Web Address (URL) tab. Why is there a question mark on my email signature? Settings > See all settings > General > Signature > Create new > Create > Insert Image > select image > Select > Save Changes. Typically, when you insert an image from Google Drive in Gmails signature, its privacy will automatically change to Anyone can view it. If I view the email in my web browser in Firefox the image is fine! I then used the signature editors "replace image" functionality to select a local file (instead of the base64 encoded image I had manually included). - Hit Save Changes. The problem is related to the way that Outlook renders HTML. Site design / logo 2023 Stack Exchange Inc; user contributions licensed under CC BY-SA. Time needed: 3 minutes. The Add an image dialog box appears. That's why you might see a question mark icon. You can read more about Google Drive sharing permissions. then right-click on the highlighted div and select Edit as HTML. I managed to add HTML to my signature by following the exact steps above. Set your Trust Center settings in Outlook to allow the automatic download of images in email messages. Thats why adding logos or a custom image helps enhance your emails signature. Gmail gives you the option to insert an image from your Google Drive or upload from your computer, or even enter a URL from the web. Provide details and share your research! The mobile apps only support text signature. The embedded attachment solution seems to work though. If I forward the same email to anyone else it appears correctly. This is a visual glitch that only occurs when composing a new email in Outlook. Otherwise, a Gmail signature image will not show. Apr 28, 2015 9:59 PM in response to Phil Wade. In the CC field, enter your email address, and click Send. Thats why you might see a question mark icon. There is a visible gap below images, even if your HTML code doesnt have a gap below the image. However, at times that may not happen. PiunikaWeb started as purely an investigative tech journalism website with main focus on breaking or exclusive news. Like most social media platforms, Facebook also allows you to view and share stories that disappear after 24 hours. If I click the "view this email in your browser" link in Mail it opens in Safari but with the same problem! Apr 30, 2015 6:32 AM in response to dianeoforegon, Images appear as a question mark in mail and safari, User profile for user: I use gmail for business, have an image beside my signature, today I created a new image and each time I attempt to upload into the signature field it shows up as a blue icon. Position the mouse cursor where you want the image to go. Certain recipients of my emails (not all) are seeing question mark symbols in the body of my emails where I have inserted a double space (return) or an apostrophe. Ensure your image resolution is 3x higher than what your HTML height and width attributes are set to. Did you recently change your job or started a new business? The most common reason for this happening is that your browserisnt copying all of the HTML tables in the email signature. The image appears with your signature on each message you send. This approach enables you to create different signatures for different recipients. If you have Gmail set up to send mail from multiple email addresses, you'll see those email accounts listed here. Get the Latest Tech News Delivered Every Day. Go the General tab and scroll down to the Signature area. 2023 Guiding Tech Media. We will update you on this matter as and when anything new comes to our notice. Want to know more about us? Head here. On windows machines, this would be the equivilant of the small "page-with-a-red-X" logo that appears in the same scenario. Sometimes the right-hand side is cut off, other times its the top of the image. Mail app No; iPad full-sized native Yes; iPad . However, at times that may not happen. When I send the email anyway to for example my gmail address . The above article may contain affiliate links which help support Guiding Tech. Step #3: Add Image. Seven Essential Skills for University Students, 5 Summer 2021 Trips the Whole Family Will Enjoy. Select Right Signature. Hi Gordan. In this step-by-step tutorial, learn how to create a signature in Gmail. Click More options. To resize the image once it's inserted into the signature, select it, then choose Small, Medium, Large, or Original Size. So you need to disable it. Can you tell me @Shadow2531 where the multipart/related code will go? An email signature with a width higher than around 400 pixels tends to text wrap. instead of the blue question mark boxes. you can read. How to Create an Email Signature in Gmail. Jun 25, 2015 12:41 PM in response to Phil Wade. To subscribe to this RSS feed, copy and paste this URL into your RSS reader. If multiple Google accounts are added, log out from all of them. 1. This tells the email client not to underline the element. The email is also displayed correctly on my iPhone 6. Gmail users are facing different kinds of issues related to signature images. Does a summoned creature play immediately after being summoned by a ready action? Make sure that you're free to use the image.. This video was created before Gmail allowed users to add images from their computer. In case you have created multiple signatures in Gmail, you can either set a default signature or select the one with the image when composing an email.. To do the latter . In the Signature section, make your desired signature changes. Change the settings in Outlook to compose new emails in HTML format. When the New message window appears, click on the Pen icon in the bottom toolbar. If you preorder a special airline meal (e.g. Then, in the HTML file, you use an HTML img tag with a src="path to local image file". Hi everyone! To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers. Check/Change the DPI setting of the image youre using in your email signature. Then create a signature. The recipients can automatically download pictures by enabling it in their . When that email is viewed in the Gmail App, it simply renders the

element as a paragraph and applies its own style to it, which has a margin of around 14px. As I noted above, to make this work you need to change the end of the Dropbox sharing URL from raw=0 to raw=1. To do it you should: Step 1. If you're creating a new signature, enter a name for it, and select Create. If you see a checkmark icon next to Plain text mode, that means it is enabled. Social media icons linked to official company profiles. PiunikaWeb.com is owned and operated by DeepSeaGem Technologies India. Since we are specifying the margin in the

element, the Gmail App will use our defined margin instead of their large (14px) margin which causes the spacing issue. Paste the image URL in the provided box. To add a signature on the Gmail website, open Gmail, and click the "Settings" icon on the top right. Alternatively, compose a new email and copy and paste the image into the body of the email. We do not want to save it to a file because saving/reading from a file is too expensive (slow). Then go to the signature creation screen in Gmail and paste the image directly into your signature. This is usually an indication that the images did not fully download. I have tried changing the font, I have unticked the autoformat option where straight quotes are replaced with smart . And writing about it keeps me closer to this fascinating world. Gmail Help. Add double quotation marks (") around the first font that is specified in the font-family style attribute. Note: In order for this feature to be visible in Gmail, admins will need to enable external sharing of Drive files in Admin console: Drive > Sharing settings > Sharing . Contrary to popular belief, you can and should include images in your email signature. 3. Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers. Apr 29, 2015 1:27 AM in response to dianeoforegon. The added

element (with a small margin) reduces the gap between images/text when youre viewing your email signature in the Gmail App (iOS/Android). . Email is a communication medium. If you linked to them in a public drive and then moved them it will be broken. Simple Gmail signature templates. Learn more about Stack Overflow the company, and our products. Edit the OWA Mailbox Policy permissions and allow email signatures as a feature. By clicking Post Your Answer, you agree to our terms of service, privacy policy and cookie policy. Have you tried your solution ? Find out here how to fix a Gmail signature image not showing. On the "Settings" page, select the account in which you want to change your email signature. 9 Best Fixes for Facebook Stories Not Showing on Mobile and PC. File-> Options-> Mail-> button: Signatures.