lippert control panel problems

I will get my creeper out in the morning and look around under there. I haven't moved the trailer so it is probably not something loose that moved back into place. We found that power to the motor existed only when the "out" part of the slide's in/out button was pushed. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register. The fluid should be within 1/4 of the fill spout. The two young mobile repair techs were now perplexed and did not have the skill to trouble-shoot the electrical issue. There's two controllers or did you mean find the rear sensor? 03-27-2021, 01:17 PM. 2) How Do You Troubleshoot a Lippert Leveling System? Manual leveling can be frustrating and time-consuming. There will be times when youll need to manually level your RV. On the bottom right, you will see the battery state, outputs and voltage displayed. The simplest solution is to just replace the 50 Amp breaker with a replacement 50 Amp breaker. We're not sure about other types of RVs. When attempting to hitch, I went to the leveling system touch pad, and saw there was no power. Push the UP arrow ONCE to display MANUAL MODE. Did your techs check for continuity on the retract wire to the motor? A great feature of Lippert leveling systems is that the monitor displays error messages when the system needs to be reset or requires some other type of attention. While not always the case, the culprit is usually a 50 Amp thermal breaker. However, if you all Grand Design with this issue, or ask online, the preferred solution is to replace it using an 80 Amp breaker. Maybe I should get a spare. Proceed at your own risk! Quality Plastics Utility Block - Four Pack, SnapPad Xtra Permanently Attached RV Leveling Jack Pad for 9 inch Round Landing Feet (6-Pack), The RV Slide Out: A Complete Guide With Pros & Cons, RV Bed Lift: Easy Access to Your RVs Under Bed Space. Check to make sure you dont have a wire that has come loose or one thats been damaged somehow. There are great automatic systems like Lipperts that will make your leveling life much easier. When I came back from getting new tires, I think my level up system went wild. This is what I just emailed LCI. This page was generated at 07:33 PM. fagnaml, September 25, 2017 in Slideouts. These breakers are there for a reason after all. I would check your power. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. The controller is on its way out and this was just a warning that it is going to die soon. That includes items like LevelMatePRO, Viair portable air compressors, connectivityShow More. Standard in the CrossTrak and JPOD Outback comes a 12V 55L portable fridge. Now my dilemma is I don't know what caused it to not work correctly and why did it start working again? Its where you can operate all the features and functions available in your RV. Mount the replacement breaker (anywhere you have room, but close enough for the stock cable to reach) and move the cable (the one going from the pump to the stock breaker) from the stock breaker to the new breaker. Then, connect the new cable (use the red one) from the other side of the breaker back to the DC+ bus side of the stock breaker. 2008-2010 BMW 535i 528i 550i E60 LCI OVERHEAD SUNROOF CONTROL SWITCH PANEL OEM. Free shipping for many products! -- Electrical Problem -- Slide Out Will Not Retract, https://www.lci1.com/assets/content/support/manuals/Slideouts/pg_82_S0010_01.pdf, https://www.amazon.com/Lippert-135666-Controller-Above-Floor-Through-Frame/dp/B00S2ICOSI. Exterior Components - For all Heartland brands, Frame / Landing, Leveling & Stabilizing Gear. This guide will show you how to adjust your table. If you contact Lippert for assistance with an issue, the technician is likely to ask if youve restarted the system. Different coach but my slide controllers are behind a panel that holds my cable/sat input in one of the bays. Connect with Lippert: Company. I guess the next step is to hunt for the power relays !? Could be a poor ground. Exterior Components - For all Heartland brands, Frame / Landing, Leveling & Stabilizing Gear. If you have a spare of anything you will never have another problem with that item. CAUTION: Before proceeding, disconnect all sources of DC power. I've pressed the power button multiple times and nothing happens. Quick update (10/2/17). Did you check each for connection when pressed? Any thoughts on how to trouble shoot the electrical problem now that the slide out will not extend? I have electric motors also that look identical to yours. This familys rig was leveled with and is stabilized by a Lippert Ground Control leveling system. 4. Any information contained in the forum should be independently verified by checking with Grand Design, one of its authorized dealers, or reviewing your owners manual. Rather then accessing the sensor, consider unplugging it from the controller to see how the controller reacts. On the bottom left, you can see the slide out controls with the options out and in. This is all of our wiring, which includes the new breaker, battery monitor shunt, bus bars, full battery cut-off, and inverter wiring. With the power supply wires "reversed", the slide will now not extend. Don't Go RVing Without This Camping Checklist! This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. If there are two motors on the slide it will require two people and the wrenches need to be turne simultaneously (slide ends within 1 to 2 inches of each other) so do the wrench turns together. With the control lit up, all of our icons, our unit has 4, (awning, lights, leveling, slides) came back on. The control panel is the heart of your vehicle. I also read on another forum that this sensor can sometimes become loose in its mounting or the connection itself gets a little loose and can cause problems similar to mine. Sometimes the displays of the Lippert ground control systems need to be reset. Later, I wanted to try the Auto Level again (since the manual mode seemed to work ok). RV Water Heater Pressure Relief Valve: Keeps You Safe! I raised the front end hooked the trailer up to my truck and used "Auto Retract" to raise the jacks and it also worked perfectly. I'llshare my learnings with the forum. Builders do not mount the wiring in most cases and the wires hang down from the mounted relays and they come loose as the coach bounces down the road ! How Do You Troubleshoot a Lippert Leveling System? Do you need advice on what products to buy? I have not used the system in 2-3 years. Your switches should be momentary switches. You are using an out of date browser. An RV Spare Tire Cover: Protection & Personality, Best Camping Lanterns to Light Up Your RV/Camping Trip. The cookies is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Necessary". Functional cookies help to perform certain functionalities like sharing the content of the website on social media platforms, collect feedbacks, and other third-party features. Lippert Customer Care Center Hours of Operation Monday - Friday: 8AM - 7PM (ET) 432-LIPPERT (432-547-7378) For emergencies: Press 1, to be connected to our after-hours emergency team. You must log in or register to reply here. https://www.jayco.com.au/community/category/how-to-guides. . When we moved the connectors we were holding and lost good contact, all the icons would go off after about 10-15 seconds but they would immediately come back on when a good connection was made again. The wiring diagram is from my owner's manual. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. A range of information will be displayed on the screen. Press ENTER to reset the auto level control. Ok so bought the new upgrade and after spending 50k I still can confirm that all RVs are not inspected and still junk. Once everything is connected and secured, reconnect the battery (positive then negative), and test the hydraulic system (slides or jacks). Power is required to operate the jacks. Powered By LCI OneControl Owner's Manual Pre-May 31, 2020. Can You Use AMagic EraserTo Clean Your Overlanding vs RVing: What's the Difference? Sensors for mine are located in front compartment and attached to frame cross member in center of trailer behind rear axle. Check out our: While were busy filming Season 5 of The RVers for Discovery and PBS, you can stream previous seasons on Amazon, iTunes, and Google Play. Well, it looks like resolution to my problem is going to be somewhat drawn out. OneControl (formerly myRV) Tablet Owner's Manual. (If one connection comes loose from the coil circuit of one of them the whole system is locked up)like you have described !!! I don;t think it really has anything to do with it, but I read on the Heartland forum someone (I think it was jesstalkin) said on his unit he had to use the up/down arrows to calibrate it. This system works well for Class A and Class C motorhomes and is operated using fully automatic (one-touch) or semi-automatic leveling. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. TechnoRV.com is a supplier of leading RV technology products that are designed to enhance your RV lifestyle. Changing Lanes RV (Privacy Policy). I've verified that it's not the relays, I switched the other side slide relays with the inop side and they work, I've also verified that the switch works, still not getting power to the slide motor via the connection to the switch. I'm waiting for a response from this one. I did and it displayed "Jacks up, not level.". What does the Forum think about purchasing and keeping a "spare" controller in my box of "essentials" for mymotorhome? I can't iterate the exact sequences but the OP's symptoms seem to be similar to mine. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. And, you know it would have failed on a cold and rainy travel day! . Snap them on and rid yourself of all your leveling hassles. Literally hit the on button, and zero response. Nope, no response. We were able to solve one of the inoperative Level-Up issues. All the lights start blinking with break off and ignition on. Every product we recommend, we use ourselves. The"square rods"connected to the motor were detached to assure thenew motor wasfunctioning. The slide-out that was stuck open is also shown below. You can operate your Lippert Leveling System from the control panel installed in a convenient place inside your RV. 2. Thanks for the great feedback! The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. The system offers a kit that includes leveling jacks, all hardware, electrical components, and a control panel from which to operate the system. Current 24/7 Offering Chat with our virtual assistant any time: LippertNOW Dealer Portal support.lci1.com Lipperts systems are complete and easy to operate. This is one of the first things you should do when you encounter any type of problem. Learn how your comment data is processed. The following steps are likely to help you to sort out the issue. A range of information will be displayed on the screen. Ground Control 3.0 OneControl Touch Panel. Turned on the level up system and pressed the "auto level" button as I always do. It looks like LCI is using the RV convention of white for -12vDC wire. . Manually lowered the landing gear and unhooked my truck and when the truck was clear, I tried "Auto Level" and it also worked as it should finally saying success, level. Weve made it faster and easier than ever to level and stabilize your 5th wheel camper or travel trailer once you arrive at your destination while maintaining a safe and stable foundation.Learn more about RV leveling systems here: https://store.lci1.com/rv-leveling-systemsFind leveling and stabilization support documentation here: https://support.lci1.com/leveling-and-stabilization/Lippert is a leading, global manufacturer and supplier of highly engineered products and customized solutions dedicated to shaping, growing, and bettering the RV, marine, automotive, commercial vehicle, and building products industries, and their adjacent markets. On the right, you will find the solar, AC Mains and Auxiliary input options. Before replacing the third one, I recommend unplugging the connections on the panel and cleaning them prior to reconnecting. Glad you got right on the problem but that is what you guys do rightGood no withdrawl problems. One to power the slide in and one to power the slide out. No problem. (yes, I said it TWICE) ? Use the Promo Code "RVGEEKS" to save 5% on your entire order at TechnoRV. (Only one side of the RV will be lifted at a time.). The screen said the batteries were 13.2 Volts, but I think that is the converter output. Missing a circuit to supply power to slideroom motor.The drawing pictures one relay to power the in and out voltage to the motor- there are 2power relays. PLEASE NOTE: We're handy RVers, not professional technicians. NEW Grand Design Momentum Factory Tour 2023! I tried retracting and extending the jacks (left and right) and it worked perfectly. I had this happen. Please verify size of jacks (9) before ordering. In the following video, Chris will be demonstrating how to use the Lippert control panel fitted in a Silverline Outback caravan. The"in/out" switch and relay all work fine and were not the problem. Again, this is covered extensively on their website. We use cookies on our website to give you the most relevant experience by remembering your preferences and repeat visits. The side of the breaker does not matter, electrically speaking. Lippert also serves a broad array of aftermarket segments, supplying best-in-class products designed to enhance recreational pursuits, both on the road and on the water. Analytical cookies are used to understand how visitors interact with the website. But no matter how you level your rig, learning how to do it well consistently is key. These breakers tend to wear down over time and cause the strange symptoms mentioned above or fail altogether. Since our jacks were feeling a bit sluggish anyway, we decided to be proactive and replace it now! This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. This advanced and easy-to-use device allows you to control your lights, water pump, hot water service, TPMS (tyre pressure monitoring system) and more. We recommend these products because we have found them to behelpful and useful, not because of the small commissions we make. The white wire to ground should be 0. 7. Since you've already met Lippert's customer service, and were instructed to unplug the touch panel, you likely noticed that there are only two wires plugged into the panel. when I started the engine the other day the leveling panel automatically came on and ala read more That includes items like LevelMatePRO, Viair portable air compressors, connectivity equipment, and more! Power Gear Hydraulic Leveling System for Motorhomes, Ground Control TT Automatic Travel Trailer Leveling System, Ground Control 3.0 Auto Leveling for Fifth-wheel Trailers. There are no fuses, relays, etc. There was no power to the motor when the "in" side of the button was pushed. You will be able to leave a comment after signing in, Resolved!! I again used the manual mode to level the trailer. The table in your Silverline can be easily adjusted to create more space. Noboth the guy from Hearland and the second service guy said all I need to don this unit was just put the drill in and should work, White rice where are located at currently maybe someone is close enough to come help. Of course, I put the cover back on it. For those who dont like having bright screens at night time, the night mode button on the bottom right corner allows you to turn the screen off. Regardless of what we recommend, consult a professional if you're unsure about working on your RV. Again, there was no power to the stuck slide when the "In" was pushed. The good folks at RV Masters in Houston diagnosed the problem to be a "bad" Lippert Slide-Out Controller. Finding an apparent electrical button, the control panel was removed and the wires for the stuck slide were placed on another slide "in/out" button. If the motor is not in the lock position it just may be a cause - worth the check. Leveling your RV is incredibly important to your camping experience. In this case, youd want to manually level the system and then reset the auto control system. To turn on your hot water, select the water drop icon with the H. One controller for the passenger side slide-out and one for the drive side slide-out. Thanks. http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/ation/Ground_Control___3.0_Owner_s_Manual.pdf, Brand New 2022 Bighorn 35BH - cannot extend landing jacks, Great Article on Microwave Ovens - Most All are made in the same factory. I then did the big test. I then tried to calibrate the system since the trailer was level and the jacks were down. Once this is full, the bars will turn green. We're happy with the techniques and products we use, but be sure to confirm that all methods and materials you use are compatible with your equipment and abilities. This would explain the interior Touch Screen Panel # LC83VR not powering on as well. Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. It walks through the complete process, star. How Do I Manually Level My RV with a Lippert Leveling System? Solera Window Awning. By ha ha! Step 2 The 'power' button on the left is the battery switch. Solera 18V Power Awning. The system makes leveling your fifth wheel easy. I've successfully "jumped" the motor to do the work until I find the cure. PERMANENT - SnapPads can be installed in minutes but will stay on forever. There was no response, no beeping and no messages. Later, I wanted to try the Auto Level again (since the manual mode seemed to work ok). iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance?