satya nadella weaknesses

I mean seriously how hard would it have been for them to fork Android into a WP like looking OS. All he should do really is make a cup of coffee, sit up, stick to the vision of windows phone and figure it out.. How else do you show your loyalty to the consumers and your own brand? The world may not need a third ecosystem, but Microsoft needed to be that third ecosystem. If that's not true, and they are actually trying to save Windows, then I agree, they are making a mistake. Guess my next phone will be a Samsung device because it will be a cold day in hell when I buy an Apple device. "Well-being is one of the most important pieces of productivity management 2. Poor integration of Nokias tens of thousands of workers. And sadly true. Microsoft is preparing an update to Windows 8.x that is mostly focused on improving the Mouse And Keyboard experience, not its touch brother. It helps him to spend time appreciating life's blessings. Link to the interview please. the next shiny object they are loseing attention span with is continuum I'm sure apple and google are going o thrive wit it And with out a phone your AI is not going to be in too many peoples hands . But CEO Satya Nadella shared his plan for how. "I did not get why the world needed the third ecosystem in phones, unless we changed the rules." I see autistics as a gifted people to humanity. Unlike an outsider, Nadella knows precisely Microsoft's strengths and weaknesses, and has . when Google and Apple are successfully marketing their own products? The windows phone works well for integration to server based sytems, whether they are corporate or personal enterprises. Plus, Win32 apps are running in emulation. To be plain, Nadellas new role is one of the hardest, if not the hardest, jobs in technology. Now, you have recognised that mobile is the entry to nearly everything else. Ready??? WP gained decent marketshare in several TINY markets due to selling cheap (aka low or no margin) phones like Lumia 520, 640 etc. Satya Narayana Nadella has been the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Microsoft by succeeding Steve Ballmer in 2014 and under him, the company had witnessed considerable growth. I thought Game Of Thrones for all its fiction should have taught the lesson better.. The fact that it was hard enough to get a 920 din't help. That issue has to be reconciled. They can't even get a Cortana powered speaker off the ground. What apps they wanted to run with it while they were changing SDK with every mobile Windows iteration. I'm a full-time user of OneNote, One Drive, and Outlook. I was right. Here are 5 insights Nadella shared throughout their discussion that illustrate leadership qualities within the changing workplace. Advertisers don't care either, you'll get one dime a click for them. Maybe they didn't want anymore after that. I just got my android phone and my subscription to WPS office. They should consider knocking Nokia's door again to deal a place in their handsets. Now, even if the next big thing coming from Microsoft will be awesome, gorgeous, stellar everybody will ask themselves: "Is this thing going to last at least for 2 years? I have 2 Windows Mobiles and I am still eyeing for an HP Elite X3. We're going to move to Android and IOS, and anything MS announces "in the future" won't matter to those who have moved on. Microsoft crowned a new leader today, with Satya Nadella taking over the reins from exiting CEO Steve Ballmer. There had to be many outside influences to help with marketing that. The general consensus seems to be mobile is an essential component to any future. So seen in that light I think Microsoft is doing damn well by supporting us until 2019. - Inventory Management Based on the details provided in the Satya Nadella at Microsoft: Instilling a Growth Mindset case study, we can conclude that Nadella Satya is not efficiently managing the inventory and cash cycle. Though AR and voice-controlled computing may be a big part of our future, the phone is still going to be the bridge to that future. Which is what it looked like they were doing and what HP was doing. Across Europe/Aus/NZ many use a mobile and ISP provided digital hub/smart tv to access what they need. . hits the nail on the head. Window phone was dead 2 years ago when it wasn't making enough profit for too long. Why did they not keep windows 8.1 for phones going, releasing new phones on that OS instead of 950 on windows 10? Let native APK to run on Windows Mobile and Windows desktop. It's around 500 million now. Leaders with inspirational motivation traits provide employees with a set of shared goals and the vision necessary to attain them. Something built on Java that would be extremely open wait. MS has to get into mobile to stay relevant - even with business WP had no developer to speak of and there was 0% chance of it ever challenging Android oriOS. Opportunities are macro environment factors and developments that Nadella Satya can leverage either to consolidate existing market position or use them for further expansion. Even though I left WM almost 2 years ago, I was still using windows 10 as my daily drivers on my laptops/desktops. Why couldn't he have done that? Windows Phone was great for a small amount of time but it failed all in all. It just doesnt have apps. Hell, I do too. If you feel that you've constantly let consumers down (which actually you have) then do something to bridge that gap. The temptation so far for the managers at Nadella Satya is to focus on the domestic market only. The company earned $39 billion on revenue of $126 billion in . Nadella was also executive vice president in charge of the companys cloud computing platform, which provided the infrastructure for such Microsoft offerings as the online search engine Bing, the Xbox Live broadband gaming network, and the Office 365 subscription-based services. I think we will see the opposite now that mobile is king. Verizon sold Icons. People were hating SO hard on windows 8, but I could see where they are Going with it (in the future) and I was super excited. (See Gene Wilder in The Producers.). Now, years later, we hear how much the people in charge hated it. I will keep my Lumia 950 XL until it goes belly up. Will Microsoft abandon this thing in a year or two like he did with phones?". Because all of it.every last bit of itis important." It doesn't pass the Star Trek Tech test: There's gazillions of handheld devices in the Star Trek universe. So Nutella just let down windows phone to focus on developping a bunch of Skype bots that nobody talk with? Windows will keep only gamers, because there is no other gaming platform. Nonetheless, ValueAct was persistent enough to earn a seat on the Microsoft corporate board, which it will occupy next month. That is a material risk for Nadella. MS was not in the position to deliver half-baked stuff at that time. Articles from Britannica Encyclopedias for elementary and high school students. I'm a 20+ year developer, and I had three different windows phones for over 6 years. Satya seems to have loyalty issues, with users, with developers and with Microsoft former employees. After several paragraphs it ended on a balanced note, stating: "Both Bing and Bard have their strengths and weaknesses, and they are still evolving and improving over time. Comments like yours prove nothing more than you fanboys deserve every bit of crap MS is doing to you, for being to blind to act when the time was right instead kissing Nutella's @$$ and joining MS's guinea pig insider program. Glad I'm not one of them because after year one he needed to be fired or put back in charge of the cloud department and someone else put in charge! Now is their communication process and the way how they approach consumers ok? Enter Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella. But I also use Ableton Live 9 and I tried Reaper software too. And because of e-sim technology, OneCore etc. If the goal is a unified platform and therefore only on OS shared by all devices, then developers need not develop for "mobile." The point is, Microsoft was WAY behind. Microsoft had one drink too many and roughed your checkbook up a little. WP7 was a mediocre crap, lacking copy/paste, BT file transfers, no file manager, mediocre email experience, PC sync was a mess especially for exchange stuff. Yes, it could be a long time before that end, but the end has to start sometime. Believe me when I tell you that windows phone had always been a beta test. So, give them something they are familiar with but with a settingoption where they could useeither Live Tiles or Icons. Inspirational Motivation. Microsoft WILL not gain from making their Windows 10 for desktops free as they need that business right now. I highly doubt there were only 20 mil users seeing as I personally know loads who has bought into the Windows ecosystem with no input from me or someone like me. Spending heavily to support your new business model is a good plan. Microsoft, you used to plant the tree. On their mobiles. The Surface Phone has been promised for YEARS! It is not going to matter what they come up with in the future. A strong desktop market would entice many app developers to implement at least some UWP features making the Windows based app experience minimally equal to native Android but in some cases, better because of the Windows unique integration. Android and iOS are clearly both better than they were, but I just prefer the layout and feel of W10 M. I am not sure what I will do next, part of me thinks "buy a 950XL or an X3 but they might ditch support in 6 months". When MS released Windows 8 (desktop) and WP 8. With MSFT once spearheading this path it has let many of us to a cul-de-sac. Long time (I'm 46!) That may not be the case. Europe is a 500 million people big market so I don't think that's a small market at all. iPhone, Mac, ipad, Apple music, iCloud Email, Pages, Keynote, numbers etc. That flips and Nadella has a new problem on his hands. The elder Nadella announced the news of his son's . Ive done most of the leg work already on what impact Nokia could have on Microsofts earnings, and it looked slight. MIcrosoft should keep W10M alive until it can upstage it to something better. @PATCHERD, There are a bunch of fanboys running around in the dark trying to find the door right now! If key talent departs, he could find himself lacking down-ticket leadership in key areas. Android is not all that great, even though it was either that or an expensive iPhone with no way to use the MS apps by default. Through that they get OneDrive customers and Microsoft office customers and even earn fine revenue on servers. "Everybody is waking up and saying leadership and management and technological excellence go together." The best advice for Microsoft is to release a surface phone that does not look like a phone but is the ultimate device. Apple gets it, Google gets it, Adobe gets it, and Amazon gets it; but Microsoft misses it. I think you only make money if you are number 1 so hence the Spotify alliance. With the former, you'd have a stronger infrastructure but higher lead time. More than when Windows Mobile was changed to Window Phone 7, then 8, 8.1, then 10. The common denominator is management arrogance and death spiral sub-optimization. They should have kept alive the Windows 10 Mobile until they will be releasing the next big thing. They will fail at AR/VR etc with the same gusto. When you fail to tell the truth to your employees the organization begins to corrode from the inside. ??? Nadella Satya should just get out of these business areas and focus on strength and threats box , or on weakness and opportunities box. They cancel products and services without thinking twice and assuming that consumers just have money to throw around to buy new products and services People used to say that about the original Xbox, but then MS went out and paid for great games. Theres obvious resistance from customers who prefer the control of "owning" local installations even when their software goes hopelessly out of date and becomes a security nightmare. I mean what should force people to keep using Microsoft Office on the mini PCs of the future. yes you guessed correctly that is the smart phones that will be docked like you have seen with Continium. so in short no surface phone. disappointing fourth quarter sales figure of Lumia. we also need to put the blame on AT&T. On consumer devices, the cost of a license is going to have to drop dramatically. It doesn't matter which is the best (it never has, e.g. Now given the fact that the future of computing for the masses is mobile I do not see Microsoft dropping that at all but rather trying to change the approach to mobile for the next generation of computing. Microsoft is fusing ChatGPT-like technology into its search engine Bing, transforming an internet service that now trails far behind Google into a new way of communicating with artificial intelligence, https://www.britannica.com/biography/Satya-Nadella, Satya Nadella - Student Encyclopedia (Ages 11 and up), Microsoft bakes ChatGPT-like tech into search engine Bing. A big mistake. 1. Microsoft's CEO Satya Nadella is an example. \'he\'s got strong preferences,\' says satya. (Hint: Thats not likely to involve spinning off Bing, which has an important role to playat the core of other products.). Like my Apple Watch, as a wearable, an iPad for a tablet experience (yes, I own a Surface Pro 4, but that's not a tablet-like experience for me) or switching to Apple Music because Groove wouldn't have albums available, when released (all to see them cancel the service out right). I must confess that we use only Android and iOS phones in our household. They may bring out a reboot device. Growing up as a young adult, all my home computer were Windows, 98- W10. PLEASE SET UP A "SURVEY" with both Are you upset that Satya Nadella is abandoning Windows Mobile? I use/have android and iOS devices and I have to say I prefer the 950. You want him to do all that while writing a book??? And one last thing focusing on one comment I made. It's that re-affirmed bias that drives most developers to target the platform with a larger base group. Speculation does not make sense, taking into account your erroneous articles concerning Microsoft mobile strategy. As a buyer of a Microsoft phone and a user of Win 10 on 4 systems I feel shat on by the company. - he made stock holders some money. You just don't understand the difference between the 'patent' and 'operating system'. The launchers and Cortana they came out with on Android are nice, but they didn't even bother to properly integrate Cortana into the launcher. time to get rid all my microsoft service. When I read #HitRefresh it means kick the most loyal catagory of Windows Fans in the teeth in the mobile catagory. The reason we are all consumers of this company's MODERN products is from what Steve pushed. I think MS does have plans for Mobile (probably in line with Zach's overall vision) but they don't like to show devices till they are ready. They will naturally go with what they know, which won't be Microsoft. In fact, in our consulting firm I am the only one left with knowledge and there is no push for others to train. They tried social twice, android wear is a joke (Samsung, Fitbit, and Garmin rule with their own OSes), they failed at their first hardware division, and so on. I'm getting off track), updated features. Back in 2006 subscribed after being a Tester of Windows Live OneCare for Microsoft, used that til 2009, which then was replaced by MSE while it detection rate was good at first, then not good, then started to get better again, feeling a little safer using Windows Defender lately as it's now tightly intergrated into Windows 8.1 and 10, so likely hood of them dropping it maybe less now. I currently have a 950XL. The contract, which would supply the . Weaknesses come from lack or absence of five key resources & capabilities - activities & processes, past experiences and successes, physical resources such as land, building, human resources, and financial resources . Even the camera on the Nokia 6 is really good, maybe a few issues in low light. Android simply cannot compete on the core functionality and integration of multiple accounts. American computer scientist and entrepreneur, American software executive and space tourist, South Korean physician, educator, and entrepreneur. This almost-great Raspberry Pi alternative is missing one key feature, This $75 dock turns your Mac Mini into a Mac Studio (sort of), Samsung's Galaxy S23 Plus is the Goldilocks of Smartphones, How the New Space Race Will Drive Innovation, How the metaverse will change the future of work and society, Digital transformation: Trends and insights for success, Software development: Emerging trends and changing roles, constitute less than 1 percent of all shares, acting head of the server and enterprise group, reporting to Nadella. This has enabled Nadella Satya to build diverse revenue source and profit mix. Frankly, he does not understand the "Consumer Space" AT ALL (at least now he admits it.) Once they bought NOKIA, then that project was cancelled by Steve Ballmer. But they weren't dropping. There are many, I can type endlessly about what Microsoft could do to repair bridges. It would take, at this point a complete 360, but than again they've already done that twice. They had more than a fair chance, and now they are done. What are the best Satya Nadella quotes from Hit Refresh?How do these statements succinctly capture the book's message? Maybe other basic apps like To-Do or even Windows Central? Most people in the US don't understand the pull of Nokia as brand. To get developers, they would have needed 25% or more at least, and users that spend money in the app store. Now in many countries including Canada, either those users are still stuck on WP8 and no new devices (not even the HP Elite x3 or Lumia 950 been released yet) or they moved on to Android. It's not that Nadella lacks an ego, and the robust financial results his company has racked up give him undeniable bragging rights. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella shares his thoughts on work from home culture. AR is already a fail: look what they did with HoloLens, it's 2 yars now. The market behaves opportunistic, if MS releases / creates an entire new device or form factor with a high "cool" usp, the market will behave opportunistic and shift back. Ok, Jason. Instead it will just make them more comfortable with iOS or Android since they can get the best of both worlds. Satya Nadella - Satya Narayana Nadella (; born 19 August 1967) is an engineer and Indian American business executive. If they had demonstrated that resolve, maybe developers would have been more willing to feed an emerging market of users. PC market is diminishing; tablet market is diminishing When MS failed to do anything to keep me as a customer, I finally switched to Apple (after resisting for years). We need to think about unintended consequences of our technology, for example. I don't know why they seem concerned about our comments in the Windows Phone Platform, but do nothing to fix what we share. You killed the original middle ground, you numbnut. - Project Management is too focused on internal delivery rather than considering all the interests of external stakeholders. A few apps on iOS and android will do nothing to change that as Microsoft become a forgotten company for the vast majority of users. Strengths are the Nadella Satya capabilities and resources that it can leverage to build a sustainable competitive advantage in the marketplace. And no Surface Phone. If the current Windows users can use their MS stuff on either mobile platforms, they will be ok. Let's look at the last 5-7 years. But I'm NOT keeping using it out of loyalty to MS - rather, because I like Windows 10 Mobile and the phone remains almost as capable as most other handsets out there. It seems he does not consider the consequences and we consumers are the ones paying the price. So I have to bring an extra MP3 player when traing next year? Pretty much what I have been saying. It seems the company is desperately looking to draw the attention of the audience without a defined plan of action. They need to be serious on there each and every commitment. Zain Nadella, 26, was born with cerebral palsy. That works out to 35M discounted (to free) phones. No mobile phone/mobile device means you are OUT in the future of big data and office work as the tect world moves on. These experts are racing to protect AI from hackers. They have only just started releasing a modem the market (apple) likes. - Diverse Product Portfolio of Nadella Satya The products and brand portfolio of Nadella Satya is enabling it to target various segments in the domestic market at the same time. Dongles on the TV ( Firestick anyone ), Handhelds..etc.. I'm done with this. MS threw away all the seeds. - High Margins Nadella Satya charges a premium compare to its competitors. Look I'm a fan, I was there, through it all, but this last one. is the last one. How likely are you to continue to believe and trust the Microsoft ecosystem"? Now the global perception about the company has reached the lowest level. As an OS company, I don't understand how MS seems to have failed to grasp is that "consumer" = "enterprise." And you know what two years back they seemed to really start to look cool. As people carry the more and more powerful smart phones in their hands and as they wil replace the common office computer this WILL means big trouble for Microsoft in the future. Microsoft reported earnings on Tuesday, and its cloud growth is slowing down. My view is Microsoft have missed the next wave because the platform they have is peripheral to the next wave. They dabbled in PCs for a few years, but then got out. Nadella's job is to make Microsoft as profitable as possible, and I'm sure that he was under pressure from shareholders to cut the dead weight. Yes. And I'm going to kick the marketing guys arse until he puts together a decent global campaign. Making room for it in your Zune memory drawer? Now, I am backing out of ALL their services and I am going to speak with my waller and go neck deep into the Apple Ecosystem. Unreal. Atleast MS will not have to worry about the app gap and the OS can be customized as per MS specific needs. You cannot be trusted. I just can't see how MS will stay relevant in the consumer space as a result of this, even if they re-enter with 'what's next' and more to the point, they're definitely missing something when a lot of the industry is targeting consumers rather than enterprise. So their sole purpose was to select the highest priority ones and focus development on that. However, since I only have hints of what they are working on with Windows on ARM and CShell, I have to pick up something else. Satya Narayana Nadella ( ting Telugu: , / ndl /; sinh ngy 19 thng 8 nm 1967) l mt gim c iu hnh kinh doanh ngi M gc n . Just give people the option. Microsoft is in for a world of hurt regarding operating systems or app stores going forward. Tried that twice actually. Hell, I can buy this to my parents, because they do only common stuff on it I must say I have enjoyed using windows phone but now it is causing a huge disappointment and frustration. Nadella doesn't care about the future. But then Microsoft came back to say "where shutting this service down - sorry about your DRM-laden purchases, bye now" and you said "well, I guess loving someone never means you have to say your sorry". Microsoft is now worth more than $2.26 trillion. Phones are similarly an essential component in having a consumer-focused business it should have been pursued doggedly, even at the losses it was accruing. It is easy to show leadership when you have all the information, when the systems work in harmony, and the plan for the future is laid out for you. Love their outlook, and onenote but changes needed. Their actions speak louder than words. Because Gates has moved to Android and Belfiore to an iOS they will soon see what the benefits and disadvantages are. I want another Windows device for mobile but I can't make an informed decison without information. Too little too late for me. Also, I was a Band user and a Surface 2 RT user MS has lost my trust as the only things that are actually still supported are my laptop and my Xbox (though they don't really do anything with the Kinect anymore). You don't even have to say "hey Cortana", so, there's that. Plus many government agencies were selecting windows phones for security reasons. The announcement of the end of Groove on 12/31 together with a non-working Spotify app on my phone was the final straw for me. It will go a long, long way. "Computing is getting embedded in the real world, in a manufacturing plant, in a retail setting, in a hospital, in a farm," Nadella said. Your phone would become a Windows Pocket PC running UWP apps with the ability to make phone calls. This is the guy who wrote Nutella was a genius. We dared buying your phones! Never the less it's not to late, Microsoft has to formally announce on a massive stage, their mea culpa for abandoning consumers and how they will work to repair all the bridges they burnt. If there was one bone-head move in recent times I would reverse it would have been leaving HP out to dry. Im not sure its possible to rationalize the existing licensing schemes for on-premises software (Windows Server, Windows desktop, Office, and all the management tools and add-ons). This includes canceling my 365 subscription and will close my OneDrive account once I transfer everything over. Market share just did not justify the expenditure for developers. My phone and PC no longer communicate the way they used to. And I'm going to get my hardware partners to build devices too. "I did not get why the world needed the 'fourth' ecosystem in 'Cloud Solutions', unless we changed the rules." It is going to be about man with machines." I think one of the issues is secrecy. WP is not OneCore so RIP WP, as announced. I think this is one of the best options MS has if it wants to come back in the mobile space. Bottom line, if you cannot win the war, change the rules of the game so you can define the battlefield yourself. All CTO, CIO, IT Directors, etc. But it seems there arethose that just can't get engaged with it. The mythical Windows future device to change the world. Satya Nadella sees a way forward. Seriously, Nadella is an example of the Peter Principle and MS needs new leadership that can harness the enthusiasm of their devs and customers to re-introduce Win phones and improve their offerings & quality across the board. WTF??? Thats my list. Microsoft would prefer more secure customers running shiny new Windows 7 or 8 boxes. The mobile division was a money pit that was unlikely to turn a profit anytime soon (ifever); Bellifore even said that they had a PAY developers to make WP apps. A lack of mobile has meant that it has no "non-tech" information feeding in to change help its narrative. But there are certainly opportunities to paint a brighter line between the two sides of the house than weve seen so far. We as consumers are being misled by Paid Media(In India, we call them Presstitutes) regarding Microsoft. But it that is true, why did they kill Groove? So back to windows i went.twice! With Microsoft nearly out of the consumer space businesses are feeling less inclined to use other Microsoft products because of the increased complexity. The problem with the thinking by Nadella and company is that they just assume that MS can abandon a platform and its users and developers, and those people will then just circle in a "holding pattern" until the company announces their Next Big Thing. But I do think it would help for microsoft to look broadly at the extensive feedback, and get the back log of insider feedback going. I hardly read Windows Central anymore either as the notifications are ***** on Android. And so it needs to have an OS that functions in the "consumer" space. A better question is how well the larger set of tablet devices running Windows 8.x sell. VHS v Betamax, MP3 v losless audio, Beats Headphones v any named audio house) just which is the most popular. SWOT Analysis stands for - Strengths, Weaknesses, Opportunities, and Threats that Nadella Satya encounters both internally and in macro environment that it operates in.