stopping progesterone at 9 weeks

But I'm sure it's fine, as others have had similar experiences to you! Did you doctor wean you from your dosage or check your levels afterwards? I was still nervous to stop, but when I did, it was entirely uneventful. I stopped my PIO at 10w, also, and didn't wean or anything. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Other. We work hard to share our most timely and active conversations with you. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. A group of plant-based compounds called isoflavones may help ease symptoms of endometriosis by blocking aromatase. She didn't want me to freak. For what it's worth, the progesterone (if it is doing something for you) is only beneficial before the placenta forms, as it is doing the job of the placenta in maintaining the pregnancy. stopping progesterone at 9 weeks a amf234 Last edited 2/21/14 Has anyone else stopped progesterone suppositories at 9 weeks? I still have about 2 weeks worth of supps left so I am considering just continuing to take them on my own. You are at high risk of miscarriage with your history of previous miscarriage and your low progesterone level now. Hope this helps. 6. I agree with Taz about the pitfalls of self medicating. I have been on both since a week before IVF and now I'm afraid of just going off cold turkey. Im the same! Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. until 12 weeks. The #1 app for tracking pregnancy and baby growth. I have my first OB appointment next Wednesday, so I kind of want to take them until then and see what her opinion is. IVF w/ ICSI #1 April 2011 12dp3dt beta#1- 49. Just over 12 weeks. This is what my RE told me to do.. I don't want to take any chances and would not consider stopping as early as 9 weeks. But I am TERRIFIED now that I am not taking it. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). I always start weaning at 12 weeks, done at 14 weeks. The views expressed in community are solely the opinions of participants, and do not reflect those of What to Expect. Joe Biden Just Won't Stop Lying. ER 2/5/14 19R, 16M, 11F with PICSI. Anonymous: I did an Fet and I'm pregnant. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. July/Aug '13 IVF 1.2 Long Lupron = 7R, 6F, 2T= BFP!!! You also have the option to opt-out of these cookies. Archived discussions are usually a bit older and not as active as other community content. They should test your levels first. If your period starts while you are still taking pro- gesterone/MPA, always take it for the full 14 days. But I'm really nervous. Good luck! think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. When should I take progesterone in my cycle? Has ANYONE took it, stopped, and then experienced any type of effects? If you experience any bleeding or painful cramping after stopping the prog, call them and they may re-test your levels and put you back on. All seems to have worked fine (though I was a nervous wreck for several weeks afterwards!). Learn more about. What was your weaning process. Congrats on your pregnancy! It's hard but you just have to trust your RE. Yes, I stopped at the end of my 9th week. The placenta will start taking over soon so you shouldn't have a problem, it amazes me how different OBs opinions are when it comes to taking progesterone while pregant. "There's absolutely no science behind why these methods would work to stop your period," stresses Dr. Jhaveri. Please keep us informed. It makes me feel much better - I am terrible on estrogen only - anxious and panicky! I think in my first round I stopped at 7-9 weeks. Why not just use one a day for a week, one every other day for a week, then one twice a week and stop, then you have safely weaned off the drug. think twice before sharing personal details, foster a friendly and supportive environment, remove fake accounts, spam and misinformation, delete posts that violate our community guidelines, reviewed by our medical review board and team of experts. No idea why they gave me so much. Because of the estimated timing and the desire to be conservative, most IVF clinics in the US recommend progesterone supplementation for 8-10 weeks after egg retrieval/FET. Discussion in 'Pregnancy - First Trimester' started by Love3Hope4, Aug 27, 2010. I think the more recent studies show that the shift happens between 7-9 weeks. (EDD 11/4/14)Baby boy arrived 11/13/14! If it's too low I will continue and be tested again. He said it's not all that evident that they really help and he thought my former dr. was just trying to pad her bottom line. I am sure my fears are irrational, but my husband and I have just waited so long and worked so hard for this baby! I had a blood progestrone test at 13 weeks exactly (at my request) and my level was a spectacular 39.6! Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. If all is good, I can stop. from the U.S., With your history of two miscarriages, I will usually be very conservative and continue the progesterone until 12 weeks gestational age. Good luck! Prayers and God bless!! I am going to ask if at 12 weeks I can either keep taking them or at least taper off by using one a day until 14 weeks to be extra sure. They never did any tests to make sure everything was ok. Me 36/DH 46 Me: Low AMH (.21) DOR, mild endo; All rights reserved. I stopped at 7 weeks as advised by the clinic and all went well, I now have a very cheeky 2yr old. On stopping the progesterone-only pill, there are changes to the mucus in the neck of the womb, making it easier for sperm to reach the egg. I'm wicked nervous about it too, despite there being nothing good or fun about taking progesterone supplements. I'm currently almost 12 weeks. Your caregiver may prescribe one of three options: Progesterone injections (17P). In recent years, with the continuous changes in the scale of pig breeding, the pig breeding industry has become more and more detailed in the technical requirements for pig feedin Out of these, the cookies that are categorized as necessary are stored on your browser as they are essential for the working of basic functionalities of the website. Please whitelist our site to get all the best deals and offers from our partners. But the doctors know what they're doing and 2 week old son is sleeping in my arms as I type this. Beta #1 (12 dpiui) 8/21: 45 Beta #2 (16 dpiui) 8/26: 301 Beta #3 (21 dpiui) 8/30: 1,929. Find advice, support and good company (and some stuff just for fun). Do not take more or less of it or take it more often than prescribed by your doctor. I have read that your body starts to produce adequate amounts at 10 weeks so I definitely wouldn't stop taking it at 9 weeks no matter what your dr says. If you're worried don't hesitate to give them a call, I know it made me feel better :). Stopping progesterone generally induces menstrual-like bleeding within three to five days. It seems like a lot leaked out at night anyway. If your cycles are regular but shorter (for example, if your period starts every 2126 days), then start cyclic progesterone /MPA on cycle day 12. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Please select a reason for escalating this post to the WTE moderators: Connect with our community members by starting a discussion. My IF brain is nervous of what will happen once I'm off. But I'm really nervous. BUT 2nd Ultrasound 9/13 - Heartbeat at 124 bpm! Good luck. IVF #3 (Sept. 2012) 39R, 25F, 13 blasts, 3 NORMALS! Apparently my placenta was slightly pulling away from the uterine wall (most common reason for spotting in 1st trimester aside from MC) and from 6 weeks to today it has improved. I'm starting to ween myself off starting today so that I'll be finished by 14w. Baby has been tested and has no chromosomal abnormalities and my cervix has been closed. Girls Totally freaking out lol! With 5 miscarriages, I had my fears, too! I didn't have any bleeding over night but I'm still scared. He has always mentioned stopped at 10 weeks, not 11 weeks but now I'm confused. But at that point he had me switch to projesterone suppositories for the nest three weeks, or until 12 weeks. This educational content is not medical or diagnostic advice. I stopped at 9 weeks, per my RE. If you were using the combined sequi patches every day of the month, instead of just half the month, the overall prog dose might be too high. 3 Can you get your period while on progesterone? Have faith everything will be ok. Good luck to you. Studies show about half of women who take HRT stop treatment within a year, and up to 75% within two years. I stopped taking them at 13 weeks with no side effects or problems. Please be aware that a blood progesterone test on you would be useless because it would be affected by the PIO, since PIO does enter your blood. I stopped progesterone (endo) at 9 weeks. A blood test on someone who's taking vaginal progesterone would be their actual progesterone level because that doesn't enter the blood. But it looks like 12 weeks is more common. . Team Green turned Team Blue-Baby Conner arrived on 9/19/14. You're fears are *not* irrational. d&e 3/24/11, Dx with Balanced Robertsonian Translocation (13;14) moving on to IVF w/ PGD, IVF #1 (May 2012) 13R, 10F, 5 blasts, ONE NORMAL frozen no transfer, IVF #2 (July 2012) 17R, 8F, 5 blasts, ONE NORMAL 6dt on 7/12/2012- c/p. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. If unfortunately you are not pregnant, you will be instructed to stop the progesterone and expect a period within 2-5 days (you should call us if a menses does not occur within about 5 days of stopping progesterone). I was pregnant with twins from donor egg IVF. No pregnancies yet. Conversely, a progesterone >23 ng/ml is almost always viable and in the uterus (not ectopic, or tubal). A Group Owner is a member that has initiated the creation of a group to connect with other members to share their journey through the same pregnancy & baby stages. The clinic measured my levels 24 hours later and they were fine. Group Leaders communicate with staff moderators and escalate potential violations for review, but they dont moderate discussions. If you're taking a stronger blood thinner like Clexane, you can stop it at nine weeks without reducing - unless you have a haematological issue that requires you to keep taking it. I also stopped at 10 weeks. Stopped at 9 weeks with this pregnancy. Jump in the fray! Summer_millie. Thank you. My doctor had me stop the progesterone at 8 weeks which I worried was too soon. However, you may visit "Cookie Settings" to provide a controlled consent. he just prescribes them without question. In hormonal birth control, progestin side effects can include withdrawal bleeding and increased cramping. When to start cyclic progesterone after your period? Group Black's collective includes Essence, The Shade Room and Naturally Curly. I have pcos and stopped taking progesterone at 12 weeks and am currently 37 wks! Good luck at you appt! I had a scan last Thursday at 11+5 and saw a wriggling baby! That's Monday for me. Married since 2010 (together since 2006) I'll be 10 weeks, then so maybe I'll feel a little better about it. Said if you experience a lot of spotting, miscarriage, lots of cramping, etc. Can you get your period while on progesterone? Performance cookies are used to understand and analyze the key performance indexes of the website which helps in delivering a better user experience for the visitors. I was on progesterone as it was IVF and your body doesn't make t like in a normal pregnancy. But in the past few days I have really started to fear going off of progesterone supplementation. I don't think there's any problem with either method at any age - it is purely what works for you!!! I had another scan. Worried about stopping Progesterone at 10 weeks a atlast2013 Mar 3, 2013 at 9:06 AM I will be 10 weeks pregnant (via IVF cycle #2) on 3/5/13. IVF #4 (Feb 2014)- 49R, 28F, 13 blasts, 7 NORMALS! Freeze-all due to high E2. I understand your fear completely. For newly menopausal women, breakthrough bleeding may occur. 2005-2023Everyday Health, Inc., a Ziff Davis company. How long can you take pro gesterone while on your period? Commenting is the best way to get involved. Good luck, I'm sure you will be fine! I am getting really nervous, because no . Actually, she doesn't even bother with checking the level.) I didn't want to come through so much only to have a 6th mc due to something so preventable as low progesterone level. I was told to stop at 10 weeks but continued until week 11. The pio needles are so large and uncomfortable and leave me in pain most of the time. See what your midwife says too. I always did the suppositories and just stopped when I was told to stop. I was switched to the suppository around 8.5 wks, then told to stop altogether at 10. Progesterone helps to prepare the body for pregnancy by stimulating glandular development and the development of new blood vessels. for those of you who are/took progesterone, when did you stop? hello, I stopped progesterone 4 days ago and i'm having brown spotting today and I'm really worried about it. This cookie is set by GDPR Cookie Consent plugin. I was just wondering when everyone stopped taking their progesterone after their IVF. They had me switch from shots to suppositories at 8 weeks and I'll do the endometrin till 10 weeks. I keep seeing on all the packaging that it is only recommended for 10, so I wonder if most try to stop you before? Learn more about. I'm 21w/3d today and things are going fantastic! These cookies ensure basic functionalities and security features of the website, anonymously. When did you stop? This discussion is archived and locked for posting. Group Owners uphold the core values of the brand by reporting content that violates the community guidelines. He said he goes by what happens "clinically". The point about using sequential HRT while you are peri-menopausal is that your own cycle is still fluctuating and there is likely to be unpredictable spotting and bleeding. Can anyone update me on how their pregnancies went? Note that once you confirm, this action cannot be undone. Spotting continued on and off for the entire first trimester, though, so I don't know if it was related to stopping progesterone or not. Good luck with the rest of your pregnancy. I'm sure you're fine, but definitely call your doc. Good luck and congratulations! Although I have done my research and know that the placenta "should" take over progesterone production at this point, I am a bit terrified that my placenta will not do what it is supposed to do. But it looks like 12 weeks is more common. You need to take progesterone for at least 10 to 13 days to sufficiently mature the uterine lining enough for a withdrawal bleed to occur when you do stop the progesterone. I however stayed on them until 12 weeks just to ease my mind. I liked the reassurance from them but who really knows if they helped or not. Previous studies indicated that progesterone can be withdrawn at the time of the first positive -hCG test without compromising the clinical pregnancy outcome in normal ovarian responder. It would be terrible to experience a loss b/c of something as simple as progesterone so you should just ask!! I appreciate the support! ChildrenUse is not recommended. Group Leaders arent expected to spend any additional time in the community, and are not held to a set schedule. We strive to provide you with a high quality community experience. I personally will stop progesterone support at 12 weeks (UK based) but when I asked the clinic why then, they did say that we were kept on medication much longer than needed so I don't at all think 12 weeks is necessary 2wwques 5 months ago I was on PIO for 10 weeks as ordered by my reproductive endocrinologist. IVF has a delayed luteal shift for some reason. I am thrilled to stop, I hate the damn pills. I didn't wean off, just stopped using them at that point. Hi there my first post here Iv spent so many hours on here reading posts and I suppose hope without ever being too involved posting it gave me support and an understanding to some of the things that happened , I suppose starting at the beginning Hi everyone. But by 10 weeks the placenta has now taken over caring for the baby, and doesn't rely on your body's progesterone levels. When Do I Take It? She has reassured me that I do not need it anymore and that taking it orally, as I was, it really wasn't doing much to begin with. RE predicts that i will go through menopause around age 30..27 or 28. Last June I lost my first pregnancy at 17 weeks to a cord accident in utero. Please specify a reason for deleting this reply from the community. If you feel a message or content violates these standards and would like to request its removal please submit the following information and our moderating team will respond shortly. However, if it is almost time for your next dose, skip the missed dose and go back to your regular dosing schedule. currently approaching 18 weeks. I get to stop the supps and the patches tomorrow! Could it just be me stopping progesterone? I am now 12 weeks :). If you discontinue your progesterone too early, there is a theoretically increased risk of miscarriage. I stopped progesterone at 13 weeks (currently 13 weeks and 3 days) cold turkey, per my doctor's orders, and yesterday and today I have had brownish spotting. Your post will be hidden and deleted by moderators. I remember being nervous about it but had no issues. I've seen loads of people seem to stay on progesterone until 12 weeks but my clinic stop after viability scan around 7/8 weeks usually. Me 29 DH 30 Unexplained IF TTC since wedding May 2012. Strangely enough lots of women have a lot of spotting and light bleeds on a conti patch. It should always be reduced slowly, by no more than 16mg/day. Thank you for any stories that may help put my mind at ease. Yes Freda conti HRT works to prevent a bleed (eventually when you are post-menopausal) because the progestogens interfere with the oestrogen receptors in the uterus lining and work to prevent growth and build-up - which is why the dose needs to be right for the amount of oestrogen being taken.