traeger ground beef tacos

The fat from the chuck roast turns the sliced onion into something like a caramelized onion confit. This is a great way for you to cut out the gluten. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual";
amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart";
And if you have leftover beef fajitas, check out my Traeger grilled chicken breast recipe for ideas like taquitos, baked quesadillas, queso smothered burritos, smoked cheesy beef enchiladas, and more. Full BBQ Shredded Beef Tacos Recipe I recommend using a seasoning blend that includes some type of proteases. Take a trip to www.traegergrills.com/teamtraeger for the best smoker recipes for your Traeger grill and menu ideas to make any holiday just a little more epic. It is so, so good. Pour in the chicken broth and stir. Stir to combine, and season with salt and pepper, to taste. Transfer the ground beef mixture to the . All of it for the 2 lbs? Top with a layer of the beef/bean mixture, then all but 1/4 cup of the . I am not a certified nutritionist or medical professional, and the nutritional data on this site have not been evaluated or approved by a nutritionist, registered dietician, or other medical professionals. They also offer the versatility to grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, & BBQ all on one grill, and Set-It & Forget-It controls make them as easy to use as an oven. Meat can be used at this time or cooled for later depending on . Heat 2 tablespoons of oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Plus, there is such a variety of flavours in these recipes, so you are sure to find something for you. Youre going to love being able to eat them, enjoy them, have some leftovers, and be able to repeat the process the very next day. If you dont want to make homemade seasoning, use 2 tablespoons of chili powder if youre making 1 pound of meat or 4 tablespoons chili powder if youre making 2 pounds of meat. Serve with our avocado cream and pickled watermelon Spicy beef taco bowl 4 ratings This is a quick 30 minute recipe if your running late or just simply don't feel like doing too much in the kitchen. Rub the mixture all over the chuck roast. Instructions. Marinating for longer (3-10 hours) helped, but what helped the most was using manually tenderized skirt steak (pictured below). Pile on homemade pico and finish these tacos off with avocado & queso fresco. After youve built your basic taco structure of shell, beef, seasoning, sauce, and cheese, there are plenty of veggies you can add to make your taco a true masterpiece. For the flour tortillas, place beef mixture on half of the tortilla and fold over. This site contains affiliate links. But I highly recommend it, because this is the majority of the deliciousness of this taco meat! Prevalent in the northern and western parts of Mexico, Carne Asada translates literally to grilled meat in Spanisha simple name for a simply delicious steak preparation. Use a sheet pan or a casserole dish to snuggle your corn tortillas together upright, then spoon the taco meat into them and sprinkle them with shredded cheese. Then you have come to the right place, we have rounded up 21 traeger ground beef recipes that we have shared over the years. Please leave a comment on the blog or share a photo on Instagram. Break up the meat and beans while cooking. Other common ingredients youll see in beef fajitas marinades might include beer, soy sauce, and fruit juices. If you dont have an air fryer, you can do the same thing in your oven. Add the garlic and saute another 2 minutes. Thank you for that and this! Set aside. Quick and easy ground beef taco meat using homemade taco seasoning. The classic Mississippi pot roast is so popular because its so easy. Burrito bowls: same concept as burritos but go tortilla-free by adding everything to a bowl. Oh, dont worry I have plenty of ideas! Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Allow the ground beef to cook for about 10 minutes while covered. Once the roast picks up some great smoky flavor your work is mostly done. The hardwood does the hard work, and you taste the mouthwatering rewards. The recipes included on this website are written and produced for informational purposes only. Drain any excess liquids. Cook through (There was no fat to drain from this package of meat. The former is more tender, and we had trouble matching the tenderness of Lupe Tortillas beef fajitas regardless of time in a marinade or cooking to different levels of doneness. I love traditional tacos! Add ground beef to the skillet. Sprinkle all of the taco seasoning over the meat. The theory is they were invented in the late 18th century, which is really not that long ago if you think about it. Traeger Beef Fajitas Yield: 8 Servings Prep Time: 30 minutes Cook Time: 10 minutes Marinate: 3 hours Total Time: 3 hours 40 minutes Marinated skirt steak grilled to perfection alongside fajita peppers on a Traeger grill. Marinated skirt steak grilled to perfection alongside fajita peppers on a Traeger grill. Place cooked beef in a bowl and set it aside. Once the ground beef is in the pan, use a spatula to separate it so that it cooks evenly. Cook for 15-20 minutes, or until the mixture has thickened slightly. If you really want to give these tacos a kick add in some cayenne pepper or even a dab of ghost pepper as well. In my Traeger reverse seared tri tip recipe, I mentioned melting cheese on tortillas to fortify them for lots of meat. Required fields are marked *. Tacos are great by themselves, but when eat good food, you need more good food, right? Primal Pioneerparticipatesin the Amazon affiliate program. Chop, prepare and gather all your toppings. Season the ground beef with your favorite rub, and spread out the ground beef on a sheet tray. Heat the oil to medium or medium-high heat in a large skillet. Add the onion and saute, stirring occasionally until onion begins to turn translucent, about 5 to 8 minutes. great technique, just like you, could make use of ground beef taco flavor every day with or without tacos, even just a bowl with avocados, etc, and yes, confession, store bought for me forever, so will try my own but more interestingly, broth instead of water, which I always use, that much more flavor, great and like too, thank you for all of these tips and for the recipe! Traeger smoker grills have 6-in-1 versatility built right in, letting you grill, smoke, bake, roast, braise, and barbecue in one easy-to-use cooker. Working in batches, cook beef, turning occasionally, until browned on all sides, 6 to 7 minutes per side for brisket/roast, 4 to 5 minutes for bone-in parts. Hi there, I see your taco seasoning recipe. You can even have them made with filet mignon! when you assemble tacos, put cheese on the bottom, it will help you keep tacos from getting too juicy and falling apart. If you dont, you should definitely try them!). I would recommend adding a couple tablespoons of avocado oil (or oil of choice) to avoid the meat turning out dry. Yum! document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); All text and images copyright OWYD, LLC - 2022 | Trellis Framework by Mediavine. I was so excited! directions. Flip the meat and allow the other side to brown 3 to 5 minutes. Well also slice any grilled peppers into strips and prepare fixins like sour cream, guacamole, pico de gallo. My air fryer is one of my favorite appliances. I put the shells in the air fryer with cheese on the bottom, then meat, then more cheese. Mix the lime juice with the olive oil and add to a resealable bag or container with the skirt steak. You will add your meat once the oil is hot enough to sizzle. Add seasoning. Or chop up the beef and cook it in a pan. Throw it in a Dutch oven or a grill pan with the remaining ingredients, cover, and cook for about five hours at 275F on the Traeger. Soy sauce is a common add-on to include glutamates and proteases for added flavor and tenderness. While some cuts of beef are tricky to tell which direction the grain is running (like our Traeger smoked tri tip), skirt steak is one of the most obvious. Beef roast is slow-smoked then braised in a garlic, orange and lime juice mix till it reaches tender, pull-apart perfection. This top-rated recipe is made with chili powder, ground cumin, dried oregano, sea salt, black pepper, ground paprika, garlic powder, onion powder, and crushed red pepper flakes. I cant really give proper credit because I dont know the person, but I think her name was Shannon, so thank you! This recipe combines a low and slow, fajita seasoned Traeger smoked chuck roast with sliced onion, ranch seasoning, and pickled jalapeo peppers. We like to slice with the grain in the center of the skirt steak to make 4 to 5 slices against the grain on both sides. Drain and set aside. Please see myaffiliate disclaimer. Remove brisket from pit, vent the steam from the pan, and rest in a dry cooler for at least 2 hours. Remove the meat from the sauce, shred and set in a warm place. Smoke for about an hour or until the internal temperature of larger clumps of the beef is 160 degrees F. Form ground beef in to a large patty. Just watch your pan and drain if necessary). Thats always a saving grace around here! Nutrition data provided here is only an estimate. Stir until combined. Your email address will not be published. Place the ground beef on to the grill, cover and allow the meat to smoke for 30-45 minutes until cooked through. Continue simmer for 20 to 30 minutes. Turned out great. *Use a Prime chuck roast or look for a roast with as much marbling as possible. Add bell pepper and onion. I love making taco meat with turkey. This might just be the number one question that we ask ourselves almost daily over here. I confessed in my Homemade Taco Seasoning post yesterday that I used to use the store-bought taco seasoning packets exclusively, but now make my own seasoning using a blend of spices. Drain excess fat, and all the taco seasoning, chili lime seasoning, el pato, green chiles, water, and rotel. Slice flat across the grain into " slices. Add the ground beef and cook until browned, about 5-7 minutes. Easy, healthy recipes your family will love! Add the tomatoes to the pan and simmer for 2-3 minutes. corn (corn casserole, Mexican style corn on the cob, corn salads, corn pudding). Cod Fish Tacos Recipe (Margarita Fish Tacos) Crockpot BBQ Chicken Tacos. Taste for flavor and add lime juice, sea salt, and/or hot sauce or salsa to taste. We always appreciate reviews! Beef roast is slow-smoked then braised in a garlic, orange and lime juice mix till it reaches tender, pull-apart perfection. When ready to use, take out of the freezer and place in the refrigerator overnight to thaw. The secret to great fajitas is a screaming hot grill, which is where the limitations of a Traeger grill or pellet smoker pop up. August 2, 2021 by Mike Shreckengost 1 Comment. Read recipe notes submitted by our community or add your own notes. Place the tortillas on a microwave safe plate and top with a damp paper towel. Place the shells down in an oven-safe dish, add cheese in the bottom, then some cooked taco meat, and then more cheese. You can also throw the tortillas straight on the grill and top with cheese once on. If you're adding garlic, add it now and cook for another minute. Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F. For the beef: In a skillet over medium-high heat, add the olive oil and onions. If you have any questions about the recipe or ingredients, leave it in the comments below. Heat the tortillas wrapped in damp paper towels in the microwave for 45 seconds. **Or 1 tablespoon of beef fajita seasoning per pound of chuck roast. Make sure to break up beef into small pieces to help even browning. Ive been using Spiceology for years (remember my Spiceology Greek Freak Ground Beef Empanadas? For optimal flavor, use Super Smoke, if available. When youre ready to sear your patties and with the grill set to the highest setting, the cook time for the perfect burger (1 -inch thick patties) is about eight minutes or four minutes per side. Optional: Jalapeo, Bell, Poblano, or Mini Sweet Peppers. Stir to coat the meat in the seasonings. Let me know in the comments or in a recipe review. Add the ground beef to the skillet and stir as the meat cooks evenly and begins to brown. Season the skirt steak with the beef fajitas seasoning and sugar while you juice the limes. For quesadillas, throw a tortilla on a griddle and top with freshly grated cheese, reheated leftover beef, and more grated cheese. Spoon about 1/3 a cup of beef filling onto half of each tortilla. Instructions. It works to perfection on a Traeger. Say hello to handheld happiness. Add onion and salt & pepper to taste, cook until onion is transluscent, for about 8-10 min. And if you have a question about the recipe, you can leave it in the comments as well. When a fork easily goes in and twists to pull the roast apart, its ready to go. Drain the beef with a strainer and season it to taste. Recipe Tips and Ideas for Ground Beef Tacos. Cover and cook on low for 10 minutes. I used the Cilantro Lime flavor.). Heat 2 inches of oil in a large, deep skillet over medium high heat to 375 degrees. Add the ranch seasoning, beef tallow or butter, and the pickled jalapeo peppers along with some of the juice. anywhere!! My pleasure, Sabrina! For tacos, I like to increase the grill temperature to 500F and throw tortillas on the grill topped with queso Oaxaca for a few minutes to melt the cheese. Otherwise, I hope you enjoy the recipe! Top the tortillas on a half sheet pan and top with cheese. Step. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit";
amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "amazonblog0d0-20";
Uncover the pot and simmer for an additional 5 minutes or until any remaining liquid has been absorbed. Add garlic, chili powder, cumin, onion powder and cook until . Season them with salt and set them aside. Add the chili powder, paprika, cumin, salt, and pepper in a small bowl and mix to combine. This ground beef topping will work not only for tacos, but for burritos too or served with rice. Check out some (or all!) Tacos might have been created by or for Mexican miners, but were not really sure. Ingredients Taco Meat 1 lb Ground Beef, 96/4 1 medium (200g) Yellow Onion, diced 5 cloves (25g) Garlic, minced 2 tsp Paprika 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt (or 1/4 tsp table salt) 1/2 tsp Black Pepper 1/2 tsp Cumin Learn how your comment data is processed. 1/2: Cup cherry tomatoes, halved: 1: Mix in the chili powder through red pepper flakes and any other spices you want. Activating this element will cause content on the page to be updated. Set your Traeger to 225 degrees Fahrenheit and preheat for 15 minutes with the lid closed. This will ensure the grill grates are as hot as possible and primed for searing. Place the roast into a dutch oven, and add the remaining ingredients. I'm so thrilled to hear it, Tonya! First you peel and boil diced potatoes. In a 2 quart sauce pan add ground beef, salt, chili powder, garlic, cumin, paprika, and enough water to cover meat. Heat oil in a large skillet for 2 minutes over medium-high heat until the hot oil sizzles. After the ground beef is browned, drain fat from the pan if desired. Bring to a boil. Add ingredients for homemade taco seasoning, tomato paste and water. Let it heat up real good then just throw the ground beef in there. If you know us from our sister site, Kinda Healthy Recipes, you'll find some not-so-healthy treats here on With the Woodruffs. 4. Remove and serve alongside the shredded beef and your favorite toppings. Tent the finished steaks with foil and rest for 5-10 minutes before slicing against the grain and serving with the optional grilled peppers, warmed tortillas, and your favorite beef fajitas fixin's. While smoking the burger you do not need to flip them. Pile on homemade pico and finish these tacos off with avocado & queso fresco. Let it simmer until it starts to thicken, about 5 minutes. Add minced garlic, cook 1 minute more. Break the meat into crumbs with a wooden spoon. If you dont have time to whip up the marinade, substitute for Traeger Carne Asada Marinade to make this simple taco recipe even more fool-proof: http://www.traegergrills.com/shop/sauces. Think about taco toppings in terms of shredded lettuce, diced onions, jalapenos, and more. If you want to skip the cheese, thats perfectly fine. And if youre looking for something else to use your seasoning for, be sure to check out my smoked pulled beef tacos next! Thanks! Spiceology handles the seasoning for you, and they do a fantastic job as usual. Preheat a Traeger grill or pellet smoker to 200F with the lid closed. You just want to melt the cheese and warm the tortillas. Shut off the stove and set the ground beef aside to cool until warm. Adding a bit of cold smoke before smoke-grilling burgers and brats is an easy way to get those over-the-top flavors at your next cookout. Stir beef frequently, ensuring to break it apart as it cooks. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. And once you try these fajitas, be sure to let us know what you think in a recipe review! How to Make Easy Ground Beef Tacos Coat a nonstick skillet with cooking spray and place it over medium heat. Let the avocado thaw on the counter in a covered bowl. Mix well and reduce the heat to a simmer. Cook, crumbling into small pieces with a wooden spoon, until browned. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Posted on Last updated: February 24, 2023. Add ground beef to the skillet. Its all about the salsa and seasonings. To make the beef taste more like comfort food, you can add a pinch of sugar (store bought seasonings often have sugar) 1 tsp. Add Taco Seasonings and cook for 2 minutes until beef is cooked through. Season with salt and pepper. Increase the grill temperature to 275F and place the covered Dutch oven on the grill for 4-5 hours until the beef is fall apart tender. Shred using two forks and pour a little bit of the braising liquid back onto the meat. Add minced garlic, stir and continue sauting for 1-2 more minutes. Ground meat absorbs smoke like a sponge so a thin clean smoke is best. Check my collection of these easy 131 baking recipes, including muffins, bread, pizza, cookies, cupcakes and cakes, and some interesting baked breakfast and appetizers options! Copyright 2023 Primal Pioneer on the Foodie Pro Theme. See the full Traeger Grilled Carne Asada Tacos recipe, along with great ideas for Mexican food for recipes for your smoker and grill at http://www.traegergrills.com/recipes. Add beef to the pan and season with taco seasoning. Add chopped onion and cook until softened, about 8 minutes. Taco Meat . Make space for the ground beef and place the ground beef directly onto the skillet. Our Traegered Carne Asada Tacos showcase marinated flank-steak at its best. Add the ground beef and cumin. First things first. Cook, breaking apart the beef with a spatula until the beef is cooked through. Traeger Beef Tacos are such a simple way to make Taco Tuesday a hit! But with this recipe, the added step of smoking a chuck roast before slow cooking adds SO much flavor. A classic restaurant-style beef taco recipe with seasoned ground beef. The most important ingredient on the list is obviously beef. Watch out for too much browning. If you make this recipe, please feel free to share a photo and tag @The.Roasted.Root on Instagram! You wont want to wait for Taco Tuesdays to try these sizzling, delicious Mexican beef tacos! Here are some of my best recipe tips and substitutions that might help you get the most flavorful and delicious version of these healthy tacos every time: Add some beef stock. Add 2 lbs ground beef and cook, stirring occasionally until cooked through (5 minutes). If you cant find them in stores, we have a recipe for homemade corn and flour blend tortillas. This provides the strength of flour tortillas and the flavor of corn tortillas. It gets a ton of use around here! Trust me as a Texan when I tell you this beef makes some of the best tacos Ive ever had! This should take about 3-5 minutes. Season the meat with salt and pepper. Also, just be certain that any ingredients that youre using are gluten-free as well. I used 1 lb and it was the perfect amount (it will make about 4 servings). Smoke the Ground Beef: place the sheet pan on and smoke it at 250 degrees for 30 minutes, or until the internal temperature of the beef reaches 160 165 degrees (F). Add tomato paste and water. Next time youre in Texas, youll have to try the beef fajitas from Lupe Tortilla. If you want a saucier mixture, feel free to add in some beef stock to the mix in place of the traditional water. Use a spatula to break up the meat into smaller chunks. Our Lupe Tortilla chef connection told us they only marinate their skirt steak for 20-30 minutes. Add the thinly sliced onion to the bottom of a Dutch oven or grill pan before placing the smoked chuck roast on top. Nestle the beef cheeks into the instant pot. The secret to cook perfect tacos is to toast spices you use before adding meat: Tacos are soo good that I dont know anyone who doesnt love tacos. Slow-cook for 8 hours on low to make the beef "fall-apart-at-a-touch" tender. Temperature isnt crucial as the meat is already tender, but keep in mind the lower the temp the longer the cook time and the longer the meat will be exposed to the smoke. 3 To build the nachos, place a layer of tortilla chips on a platter or plate. Drain any fat. Bring to a simmer and let simmer 5 minutes or until thickened. From there, you'll want to brown the meat for about for 2-3 minutes, then flip it over and season with salt, chili powder, garlic powder, onion powder, and cumin. Even better, the kids can pick and choose what toppings they want, so its a picky-eater haven. Simmer 3 to 4 minutes, stirring frequently, until thickened. Cooking ground beef, you can also add tomatoes and chopped cilantro. I used queso Oaxaca, but Monterey jack or something similar would also work well. Enjoy! Use Beef Broth for more flavor and use Pure Chile If you can get it ( the commercial blends have too much Salt in them). Taco Toppings. Source: J. Kenji Lopez-Alt, Categories Our Most Popular Recipes, Traeger Recipes. Make the insta pot birria. Make sure the beef is fully submerged and refrigerate for at least 3 hours and up to 8-10 hours. Add - (I like Rotel) Tomatoes- plenty of Onion and Garlic and Cilantro if you like it. Stir to combine and continue cooking over medium-low heat until the sauce has thickened, about 3-5 minutes. Just top with your favorite ingredients to get started! Cover the Dutch oven, place it directly on the grill grates and close the lid. How much of the taco seasoning is one batch? Keep an eye out for deals on Prime or even Wagyu chuck roast options. Let the shredded meat soak in the juice for a few minutes. Bring to boil, add salt then cook over medium heat until fork tender, but not mushy. Once cooked through, mash the potatoes with garlic oil, butter, heavy cream, and cream cheese. As you may have guessed, sometimes my tacos end up a little on the overflow-y side Hey, thats what forks are for, right? Theyre something special and widely considered some of the best Tex-Mex beef fajitas around these parts. Optional: For grilled fajita peppers, add peppers straight to the grill around the back edge when the steak goes on. Let it simmer and reduce. Step 1: Cook the Ground Beef Heat the oil in your skillet for two minutes over medium-high heat. How to Prepare for Emergencies in Elk Hunting, LOU LOU GIRLS FABULOUS PARTY 409 - Lou Lou Girls. I want to make tacos tomorrow and cant find anything for ground beef unless their hamburgers. You could start them ahead of time while the skirt steak is marinating. Allow one side to brown for 3 to 5 minutes without touching it (you can stir around the onions during this process so they dont burn). Create an account to follow your favorite communities and start taking part in conversations. Carefully remove the dutch oven from the Traeger and shred the roast using two forks. The secret is in the flavorful steak marinade and the hit of robust smoke flavor you get from the Traeger. In the tortillas, add the shredded beef, top with pico de gallo, queso fresco, avocado, and garnish with cilantro, as desired.